Foreign travelers can easily get Tibet Travel permits and group visa from professional Tibet travel agency and Tibet tour Operator Company. But a foreign tour group with multiple nationalities still cannot obtain Tibet permits.
Get well informed with the latest Tibet travel permits and visa news before your vacation planning. As a professional tour operator, we provide accurate Tibet travel permit/visa information and professional application service for foreign tourists from Russia, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and many other countries. But we do not sell permit. We only provide tourist visa and Tibet travel permit for people who book travel tours with us.
Tibet Travel Tours Necessary Documents
Passport -All individuals entering Tibet must hold a passport valid for at least six months.
Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) Permits -Tibet Entry Permits
Tibet Tourism Bureau (TTB) permits are necessary for entry to Lhasa or any other part of the Tibetan Autonomous Region and are obtained through tour operators as part of arrangements for travel. A TTB permit does not obtain the need for an Aliens' Travel Permit for any closed areas that may be visited. After you would decide to travel with us, we will help you to obtain your Tibet travel Permits. It will be quite simple for you just need to sends us your copy of passport by email attachment.
Note: Journalists and people who involved in political matters could be more complicated to get a permit. Please keep in mind that if you would not book any tour with us, then we be unable to help you get Tibet permit since no travel agency can provide Tibet permit only service. A must service includes tour vehicle, tour guide and hotel accommodation with breakfast.
Aliens' Travel Permits (PSB's)
Permits to visit places that are not declared open are known as Alien's Permits. They are issued by the police (Public Security Bureau (PSB). A single permit is normally issued to all the people who are travelling together, the permit naming just one of them and starting how many others are accompanying him, the passports or at least photocopies of passports and visas of all persons travelling must be presented in order to obtain a permit.
Note: If you would travel to Lhasa, Gyantse, Shigatse, there is no need to apply PSB. If you want to do an overland tour from Yunnan, Sichuan, Qinghai or Xinjiang province to Tibet, we need your Entry Stamp to China to apply the PSB before your tour starts.
Military Permit and Foreign Affairs Permit
Tibet Military Permit and Foreign affairs permit documents are for travel to some military sensitive areas such as Yunnan/Sichuan to Tibet overland, Kailash Manasarovar, and Rongbuk Monastry/Everest Base Camp etc. These documents are important and normally the application needs to be prepared one month in advance. So early tour confirmation with Tibet tour operator is necessary.
Tibet permit and visa re-open to foreign travelers creates countless new opportunities for those looking to explore unmatched natural scenery and engage with a unique Tibetan culture. However it is important for travelers to bear in mind that Tibet travel policies can change at any time with little to no advanced notice. To understand the latest Tibet travel permits policy and fix your Tibet travel arrangement, you are welcome to contact us.
Tibet China Visa or Tibet Group Visa
1. Entering Tibet via Mainland China, firstly you need to apply China visa for entry to China/Tibet since Tibet is a part of China under the Chinese Central Government's Sovereignty. All Chinese visa holders can travel in Tibet with the Tibet entry permits and other travel permits which can be obtained by Tibet tour Operator Company with strict and serious procedure.
Note: You had better not mention Tibet or any places in Tibet such as Lhasa, Everest as your travel destination when applying for China visa at Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu because you may be refused by stating that you will go there. Otherwise you need to get a Tibet Permit beforehand and apply for a China visa with it then which gets more complicated.
2. Entering Tibet via Nepal by land or air.
If you would like to enter Tibet from Nepal you have to get your Tibet Group visa from Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu, no matter whether you have already Chinese visa or not. Tibet Group visa is a A4 size sheet of paper with all members of the tour and their passport numbers, date of birth and occupations listed. The dates of entry and exit are precisely mentioned. Usually the visa is valid for the length of the trip you have booked but it's possible to get visa for new additional days for stay in Lhasa only. There will be two original copies of group visa -one for immigration at the entry and one for exit. We can help you to apply your Tibet/China Group visa.
Tibet Travel Documents General Info
1. If you enter to Tibet via Mainland China, Chinese visa is necessary which you can apply for in Chinese Embassy in your country. Please be aware that if you enter Tibet from Nepal, no China visa but Tibet group visa is needed.
2. Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit (TTB -Tibet entry permit) which you have to obtain in order to enter Tibet by flight otherwise you will be rejected to get boarding pass, meanwhile for train to Tibet. Sometimes they check original TTB permit even though most cases a photo copy of the permits works. This is for entry to Tibet.
3. The Alien's Travel Permit is necessary when you are planning to travel to the unopened areas in Tibet. The other one are Tibet military permits, foreign affairs permits, Tibet tour guide's license permit, driver’s license and working certificates, vehicle transportation permits, border passing permits etc.