Kakani Trek-2 days Kathmandu Kakani trek is a spectacular and breathtaking trek in Nepal. This is a perfect blend of natural scenery and rich cultural diversity. Trekking Kakani combines different landscapes and brings you close to the Himalayas. The 2 day Kakani Trekking trail passes through picturesque valleys and the forest to Kakani.
Kakani is the best vantage point for the close up view of Manalsu, Annapurna, Ganesh Himal and Langtang with sunrise. The Kathmandu Kakani Trek is the best choice if you have not much time but want to get a taste of trekking in the Himalayas. Kakani is not far from Kathmandu city. It is difficult to travel to Kakani by local buses as the road is bumpy. Kathmandu to Kakani has different trekking routes.
In Kakani, you will see the International Mountaineers Memorial Park. Unfortunately, the rock climbing wall inside the park in not maintain, but the park itself is nice to visit. Kakani Trek is a journey of a lifetime. You can also enjoy the sunrise and the Himalayan panorama view while having tea and breakfast.
The short trekking in Kakani is suitable for all age group hikers, children to seniors. The temperature in Kakani trek is similar as Kathmandu City. You can trek any time of year. But monsoon is not good season because of muddy trail, bushes with leeches. Winter, Spring and Autumn is the best season to see majestic view of the Himalayas with sunrise, so that you could capture beautiful pictures into your camera.
Why Kakani Trek
- Enjoy the Panorama view of the Himalayan.
- Walk through forest and villages.
- Experience Sunset and Sunrise view from Kakani.
- Visit the mountain memorial garden.
- Taste the Strawberry locally brewed whisky.
20km, 6/7 hours AP Plan-Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Standard Accommodation Hotel in Chisapani
Receive you by your guide from the hotel reception and drive to the starting point of trekking for an hour by car or cab. Then trek for 3 hours through the jungle with a great view of kathmandu valley view, and stop for lunch at a beautiful view point offer the great view of Annapurna, Langtang and Ganesh Himal and continue trek for 3 hour mostly in the jungle to Kakani. Kakani is also the best view point for sunrise and sunset with the wonderful Himalayan Panorama of Manalsu, Annapurna, Ganesh Himal and Langtang. Stay night there.
4 km trek and 30 km drive BB Plan Standard Accommodation Hotel in Kathmandu
Wake up enjoy view of Himalayan with sun rise, and walk around Kakani breakfast and walk down to road and get bus drive back to Kathmandu. The trip ends.
Full fledged Cost -USD 290
- Airport transfer - hotel/airport/hotel
- Twin sharing standard hotel accommodation with breakfast in Kathmandu before and after trek we can book only on your request.
Elementary Cost - USD 180
- Road transfer cost -from trekking start to end point to Kathmandu-Kakani bus station-Kathmandu.
- Basic twin sharing tea house accommodation during trek.
- 3 times meals - breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek.
- English Speaking guide and all his expenses during the trek like his transfer, insurance, salary, meals and accommodation.
- All Trekking permit local government taxes and TIMS card.
- All government taxes, vat, company service charge.
What's not included?
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- Sightseeing entrance fee in Kathmandu Valley
- Travel Insurance in case of emergency for rescue and other medication.
- Nepal visa fee
- All kind of hot and cold drinks - coke, fanta, beer, whisky, bottle of water, hot water, tea, coffee etc.
- All personal trekking equipment like down jacket and sleeping bag etc.
- Porter to carry your backpack/luggage.
- Tips for guide and porter
- Personal expenses like wifi, hot shower, telephone, battery charge fee.
- Upgraded lodge accommodation like room with private toilet and bathroom during the trek.
- All the cost not mention on above cost includes.